PATTERN MAKING 1.0
Pattern Making 1.0 is not your “average introductory Pattern Making class. We have engineered this iconic and unique class to put your skills to the test while maintaining Fashion Industry Standards. Golden Skyy’s Pattern Making 1,0 covers College introductory level and beyond!
We are delighted to announce our collaboration with Calley Rivera, Fashion Designer Clothing Brand of San Antonio, TX. To offer this EXCLUSIVE lifetime opportunity to learn about one of the world’s LEADING technology advancements in Pattern Making: Computer Aided Design (CAD) Gerber System.
Golden Skyy “Fashion Design Prep Studio is genetically engineered for the strategic advancement in Fashion & Education! Our industry is rapidly growing, changing & the competition is FIERCE!
Golden Skyy’s mission is to educate inspiring young designers of tomorrow. He breaks down the basic structure of learning and has created a hybrid focus on his core curriculum. This re-engineered method of teaching will allow each student to excel at a much faster pace than the average entry-level student!
Golden Skyy is a local Textile Designer in San Antonio, TX and a MASTER at his craft! Golden Skyy comes from a strong bloodline of four generations of Tailors and four generations of Master Seamstresses. His specialty focus is Tailoring, Couture, Digital textiles and Japanese Transformational Reconstruction. He is also the Owner/Designer & Educator of Golden Skyy Atelier & Golden Skyy “Fashion Design Prep Studio. “Golden Skyy is also a Professional Member of Texas Fashion Industry Initiative (TFII) a none-profit that is dedicated to the positive growth to our Texas Fashion Industry.
In Pattern Making 1.0 there is NO sewing required. We are focused on the quality and traditional craft of Flat Pattern Making and want to ensure the best Learning experience possible.
In this class you learn & experience a journey of a lifetime.
- Pattern making & fabric terms
- How to read a commercial pattern
- A Guide to reading Ruler increments (based on 1/8 inch)
- Pattern drafting your first set of sloper’s (model size or custom Bodice, Sleeve & Skirt
- Basic introductory to “Computer Aided Design” program (CAD) Gerber System Technology. Provided by our “Golden Star Designer, Calley Rivera Fashion Designer & Clothing Brand.
- Proper use of pattern making tools such as, hip curve, straight ruler, awl, pattern hooks, notcher, tracing wheel & everything you need to make these magical patterns come to life!
- Fashion Business & leadership exercises to build your confidence & awareness of building your brand!
Studio will provide Scissors, Pattern Paper, Tape, Oak Tag & Tools
(all supplies listed above will be returned at the end of each class)
Supplies that you will NEED: ( 7mm ) Mechanical Pencil & Eraser
This class is for
ALL skill levels!
AGE 14+ to ADULT
JULY 1 st through 31 st
JULY 2019 – 4 Weeks
3.5 Hours each class
Twice a Week
Total of 28 Hours
of Pattern Making Class
Monday & Wednesday
2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
6:00 pm – 9:30 pm